3 ways I love and serve my clients
When I quit my job last year and Made It Happen to become a full-time wedding photographer, I had to do anything and everything to make my business grow. I had to find more clients. But I didn’t want any client or all the clients; I wanted the right clients. I started my business so I can serve my clients in a way that is meaningful and adds great purpose to my life and to theirs. The relationship I build with my clients results in them becoming friends and family. This is so important to me! It gets me excited every single day to jump out of bed for them, take that phone call and answer that email right away.
My business is more than photography, it’s all about connection and relationships. It’s about building friendships and strong marriages. My clients believe that being together is better. They have no backup plans or escape clauses. I get to see my clients grow up together by witnessing them saying their I Do’s for the very first time. And then through the years watch them grow old together. I get to see the way they love on and care for one another by encouraging and building each other up.
As I witness these defining moments, I want to make sure, as the photographer they hire, that I am also loving and serving them well. I want my marriage to be a role model for others. I want to be an advocate for them, supporting them and cheering them on as they make a stand for marriage. Each client is a friend to me and not a business transaction.
Here are 3 Ways I Love and Serve my Clients:
· Always delivering more than I am asked to deliver in a shorter amount of time promised.
· Being fast and excited when I answer that phone call or email. No one likes to wait!
· I always keep clients informed by over-communicating so there is no wondering or second-guessing.
· And from time to time there will always be a sentimental “surprise”!
I want to be extraordinary for my clients by always giving that little “extra” and going above and beyond for them.
2. I Create Authentic and Genuine Experiences
· Being authentically welcoming and genuine to make a great connection and having honest conversations.
· Creating a positive experience while working with my clients by being kind, friendly and encouraging.
· Really listening to my clients and catching small important details
· Treating all my clients as friends and not business transactions
3. I Am an Encouraging Resource
· Coaching my clients to feel their best behind the camera and treating them like the most important people in the world
· Confidently giving referrals and recommendations for other wedding vendors to make wedding planning easy
· Engaging with them throughout the future through handwritten cards, gifts and social media posts
· Be the type of business I would want to work with time and time again
What are some ways you love and serve your clients? I would love to hear in the comments below!
Beautiful- you are so committed and have the talent to show for it! Love these detail shots.
Oh congrats on becoming a full time photographer. Your work is worth it. I love all that you list you do as a colorado wedding photographer!
I love it all – I was just thinking about this! It’s so important to love our clients and do everything we can to serve them – this is the best day of their lives and they deserve nothing less! Keep it up lady!
Thank you so much Chelsea!! Appreciate your beautiful words to me!!
Thank you Whitney!! Thank you for telling me my work is worth it!!
Hi Redden!! Thank you soooooo much!! Thank you for the encouragement!!
You nailed it!! This is so so important. Probably the most important thing! Would you say that this was the biggest key to growing your wedding business in Colorado or were there other ways that you marketed to get your name out there that you were now a photographer and open for business?
Awe wow!! Thank you!! I totally agree on it being the most important thing! Loving and serving well in all areas of your life!! I would say this is a very important key to growing any business!! Relationships are the most important thing in business. And then how does each business work on their relationships! Mine are all personal, and I strive to make sure my clients feel loved and served well! Then they are likely to refer you to other important people in your life! And that’s how you grown, based on the personal relationships you grown and cultivate!
Great business practices, I admire your commitment to your clients!
Thank you Allie!! Love this so much!!
Congratulations on going full time! That’s amazing to hear. Keep on treating clients like family and with a genuine heart <3 . I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.
11 Comments on 3 Ways I Love and Serve My Clients