When I quit my job last year and Made It Happen to become a full-time wedding photographer, I had to do anything and everything to make my business grow. I had to find more clients. But I didn’t want any client or all the clients; I wanted the right clients. I started my business so I can serve my clients in a way that is meaningful and adds great purpose to my life and to theirs. The relationship I build with my clients results in them becoming friends and family. This is so important to me! It gets me excited every single day to jump out of bed for them, take that phone call and answer that email right away.
My business is more than photography, it’s all about connection and relationships. It’s about building friendships and strong marriages. My clients believe that being together is better. They have no backup plans or escape clauses. I get to see my clients grow up together by witnessing them saying their I Do’s for the very first time. And then through the years watch them grow old together. I get to see the way they love on and care for one another by encouraging and building each other up.
As I witness these defining moments, I want to make sure, as the photographer they hire, that I am also loving and serving them well. I want my marriage to be a role model for others. I want to be an advocate for them, supporting them and cheering them on as they make a stand for marriage. Each client is a friend to me and not a business transaction.
Here are 3 Ways I Love and Serve my Clients:
1. I Go The Extra Mile
· Always delivering more than I am asked to deliver in a shorter amount of time promised.
· Being fast and excited when I answer that phone call or email. No one likes to wait!
· I always keep clients informed by over-communicating so there is no wondering or second-guessing.
· And from time to time there will always be a sentimental “surprise”!
I want to be extraordinary for my clients by always giving that little “extra” and going above and beyond for them.
2. I Create Authentic and Genuine Experiences
· Being authentically welcoming and genuine to make a great connection and having honest conversations.
· Creating a positive experience while working with my clients by being kind, friendly and encouraging.
· Really listening to my clients and catching small important details
· Treating all my clients as friends and not business transactions
3. I Am an Encouraging Resource
· Coaching my clients to feel their best behind the camera and treating them like the most important people in the world
· Confidently giving referrals and recommendations for other wedding vendors to make wedding planning easy
· Engaging with them throughout the future through handwritten cards, gifts and social media posts
· Be the type of business I would want to work with time and time again
What are some ways you love and serve your clients? I would love to hear in the comments below!